How to Use LinkedIn
Social networking is the in thing in today’s world and you will find a person who is not on it. Initially social networking websites were only for the youngsters but slowly even companies started getting involved in it. LinkedIn is a popular social networking website for the professionals to network with their group. Having a LinkedIn account is definitely very advantageous. Let us now look at a few ways to make LinkedIn work for us the most.
How to Create LinkedIn Account
When you join LinkedIn you can connect with over 7 million people. Those who join LinkedIn are all professional who are interested in their career and would like to be as effective as possible in a day. It gives people an opportunity to connect with all those whom otherwise it will be difficult to connect with. Joining LinkedIn is extremely simple.
- On the web browser open the LinkedIn website.
- Click on the Join Now button and do not forget that it does not cost any money to join in LinkedIn log in.
- Enter your personal details like your name and email address in their respective boxes.
- Next enter the password in its field and reenter it to confirm.
- From the drop down menu select the industry in which you are working. After this enter your total years of work experience.
- Education details are not mandatory. If you do not wish to enter it you need not.
- The final step is to click the join now button and your LinkedIn log in is ready.
How to make your LinkedIn account specific
You can make your LinkedIn very specific as well.
- There are check boxes for categories which are titled “To be found” and “To find”. You can checkmark on either of the boxes or one box according to your requirement.
- From the many categories present you can check on the many categories present which you think will be best suited for you and your business needs.
- Click on the save button.
Building your Network on LinkedIn
The first step in building your network is to do a – people search.
Find the site map of the name search link and click on it.
Select the name of the person you would like to add to your network and enter it in the box which is provided.
How to Choose the Right Type of LinkedIn Accounts
Though choosing the type of LinkedIn account is very simple but it is important before choosing the account to thoroughly go through the details as to what kind of benefits are available in each type of account. The basic account is of course free of charge!!
- In the web browser open LinkedIn website.
- Use LinkedIn sign in and go to the home page of your account
- You will find a “My Account” link. Click on it and go to “accounts and settings”
- There you will find a link which says “compare account types”. Click on that link.
- LinkedIn has four different types of accounts – Personal (which is a free account); Business account; Business Plus account and Pro account.
- There is a chart which gives the benefits of the various benefits of each account and also its cost.
- Depending on what exactly your need is you can select the type of account and join.
How to upgrade the LinkedIn Account
It is not necessary that the needs of a person having a LinkedIn account will remain the same. After sometime a person may start his own company. At this time the type of information he wants to access through LinkedIn might change. In such situation, rather than creating another account one can simply upgrade their existing account.
- In order to upgrade an account, click on the upgrade button which is in the “business” heading. This account allows you to connect with the members of the Fortune 500 companies.
- When upgrading to a ‘personal plus’ account, you have to click on the upgrade button which is under this heading. The main feature of the personal plus account is to prioritize access to customer service.
- The next type of account is the Pro account. One can upgrade to this account by clicking on the upgrade button which is in Pro. This account is considered to be moderately expensive but the main advantage of this account is that it offers access to about 40 introductions at a given point of time.
- Check out the benefits of each account and then select that you want to.
- Click on the continue button and you will be asked for your credit card details, name and address etc. in order to process the payment for up gradation.
- The upgrading is completed after you enter the required details and click on the buy now button.
How to retrieve LinkedIn log in password?
With the number of online accounts one has these days it is quite possible that you would forget the password. LinkedIn sign in password can be retrieved in case you lose it.
Open LinkedIn webpage on the web browser
- Click on the LinkedIn sign in and enter your username.
- Click on the forgot your password link that is next to the password field
- It will take you to a page where you will be asked to enter your email id that is used for LinkedIn login.
- You will receive an email from LinkedIn with a link in the message. This message is valid only for five days.
- Click on the link given in the email and you can enter your new password.
- Reenter the password in order to reconfirm and click on continue button.
- Your password has been successfully reset.
- You can now use your LinkedIn Log in for connecting with others.
LinkedIn customer Service:
- LinkedIn customer help center can be contact online.
- On the web browser open LinkedIn website and after the LinkedIn sign in click on the link Help Center.
- This will take you to another page which says “how can we help you” and has a box below it to enter your question.
- You can enter your query here and click on the search button.
- You will find a solution for your query here.